• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statory rape

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mya

hey, I was wondering about the statuory rape laws in Michigan. If a 14 year old has sex (voluntarily) with a 17 year old (who hasn't pressured her in anyway), does that still count as statutory rape? That's the main question I would like answered, but any other info regarding this would be great in addition.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not tobe construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Yes and this is why:

This law is to protect minors, voluntary or not. Intent is not an issue here -- a person is guilty if their age is within the proscribed ages listed in the statute. BUT...your facts seem to indicate no statutory rape:

http://michiganlegislature.org/law/GetObject.asp?objName=750-520b

L

leandra wright

AGE LIMITS

Is 17 yrs old considered a legal adult there?? here in AZ & in CA the age is 18 yrs old to be considered an adult, if he is 17 & she is 14 that sounds like it could be considered child molestation by a minor, not statutory rape.I believe in some states they age of 16 is considered consenting to having sex but it can't be with someone over 18yrs old, so even if he is within that age range she is not and he has violated her youth. Just my opinion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">