• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

injured worker

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

inpain

I have been on workers comp. for a little over two years ,I have seen nine Orthopedic spec. ten MDs ,I have had three MRIs. The MRIs have shown extencive damage to the areas in quition,along with written reports, all the doctors agree an request authorization for surgery. Authorization for surgery has been approved by the insurance co. due to recommendations by two IMEs conducted by Orthopedic spec. for the insance company. I not sure i would want to do surgery at this time, due to the complexity of attempting to repair three areas at once, and due to evidance of continuing foulups while just attempting to repair one area within the shoulder. I feel the wcb has evidense to make a determination on my case , yet they choose not to. why?

G

Georgana Chastang

?

I am not an Attorney, but I used to be a W/C Adjuster, so this is only a suggestion. What do you want? A settlement? You might could get a settlement if you refuse surgery, however the Doctor will give you a percentage of your disability to the body as a whole, and then the Insurance company will decide if they want to settle. In FL, you don't have to settle, and neither does W/C. They could end up putting you on Wage Loss, as you would then be maximally medical improved. If you don't like the surgeons, I believe anyone is entitled to another Dr. Just keep asking for another Dr. until you get one that you like. Good Luck!

[Edited by Georgana Chastang on 03-22-2001 at 04:37 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">