• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Annulled getting married again-Shall I disclose it to next wife?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

supeng

Hi ,

I got a judgment of annullment in state of MA,I'm marrying again now.
Do I need to tell my wife about it ?

Proserpina

Uh...well...

If you want any chance at your next marriage working out, of COURSE you need to be honest with your wife!

Is there a reason why you asked? (sorry, I'm just not understanding why that's even a question, you know?)

mistoffolees

Uh...well...

If you want any chance at your next marriage working out, of COURSE you need to be honest with your wife!

Is there a reason why you asked? (sorry, I'm just not understanding why that's even a question, you know?)
Since he asked on a legal board, the answer is 'no'. There's no LEGAL reason why he needs to disclose an annulment (legally, there never was a marriage).

I agree, however, that the most certainly should tell her. The fact that it's even a question is an indicator that he may be back here in a couple of years asking other questions.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Since he asked on a legal board, the answer is 'no'. There's no LEGAL reason why he needs to disclose an annulment (legally, there never was a marriage).

I agree, however, that the most certainly should tell her. The fact that it's even a question is an indicator that he may be back here in a couple of years asking other questions.
I wouldn't even give it that long. Lying by admission about being married before? Sorry but he was married before. Yes it was annulled and legally it is as though it didn't exist HOWEVER he was married. And his new wife most likely will take itas a lie.

Isis1

i know i would take it as a lie. as a woman, or human for that matter, withholding, IS lying.

supeng

In my religion girls donot like to marry someone already married.since I have legal annullment and I was not at fault & it was mistake of other party.why shouldn't I say I was never married ?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
In my religion girls donot like to marry someone already married.since I have legal annullment and I was not at fault & it was mistake of other party.why shouldn't I say I was never married ?
Because it is a LIE. It is NOT the truth. YOU WERE MARRIED BEFORE. It was legally annulled but you were still married. Are you also -- in your religion -- expected to wait until marriage to have sex?

supeng

Also in the court decree it is written that the marriage is declared null and void from the BEGINING
So what does it mean?What is benefit of getting an annullment over divorce?

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Also in the court decree it is written that the marriage is declared null and void from the BEGINING
So what does it mean?What is benefit of getting an annullment over divorce?
The fact of the matter is YOU WERE MARRIED and LEGALLY the marriage ended in annulment. Which means that there was NO MARITAL DEBT, NO SPOUSAL SUPPORT, NO property to be distributed. I notice you didn't answer the question about your religion expecting virginity until marriage.

Because quite frankly if you are lying because of your religion's views on marriage (which what does your religion think about lying?) and your religion also expects individuals to be virgins, are you planning to tell your intended about your prior sexual behavior? Or will you mislead on that point as well? (Which by the way can be a crime.)

supeng

we got engaged and did the court marriage and until then my ex-wife was living with her parents in state XYZ and I was also in state XYZ but she was living with her parents, when religious marriage was about to take place just before 1 month I had got another job in different state PQR and girl and her stupid parents didn't want me to leave the state so after religious marrige the girl lived with me a few days and then left back.I filed for annullment and got it from the honorable court.

Last edited:

Antigone*

we got engaged and did the court marriage and until then my ex-wife was living with her parents in state XYZ and when religious marriage was about to take place just before a few months I had got another job in different state PQR and girl and her stupid parents didn't want me to leave the state so after religious marrige the girl lived with me a few days and then left back.I filed for annullment and got it from the honorable court.
Boy is this guy a winner:rolleyes:.

supeng

I FILED THE COURT CASE FOR FRAUD,CHEATING AND DECEIT and that is what is written in the court document ,that because of these reasons the court gave me annullment as I was person who filed the complaint.
:eek:

Antigone*

I FILED THE COURT CASE FOR FRAUD,CHEATING AND DECEIT and that is what is written in the court document ,that because of these reasons the court gave me annullment as I was person who filed the complaint.
:eek:
...So now you will be guilty of the same thing FRAUD, CHEATING AND DECEIT.:eek:

supeng

I spoke to my atty he said you need not to tell since this is a legal forum not moral forum and also the reason is I don't want to create a new story before the new relationship starts.

Also it is not the matter of wife ,but the rule is even for girlfriends I think you gotto say that ur the first one to get the girl otherwise won't be able to get one:)

Antigone*

I spoke to my atty he said you need not to tell since this is a legal forum not moral forum and also the reason is I don't want to create a new story before the new relationship starts.

Also it is not the matter of wife ,but the rule is even for girlfriends I think you gotto say that ur the first one to get the girl otherwise won't be able to get one:)
just one word....KARMA:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">