• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how do you speed up divorce or take a break and regroup

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MICHAELRICHARDS

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida, This all started in Aug 7, 08. I have been through alot my wife snaped one night and made false statement's to police and had me arrested, After I got out she put a restaining order on me for no reason but for her way to control and punish me. I went to trial for this and was found not guilty. This cost me alot of money, I tried to have the order removed the week after and was told that I could not do it because my case has been closed and that they have nothing to base the removal on and that I had time to appeal it at the time. I had a fill in attorney that I just got representation and the attorney that I hired was to be out of town he did not know the case and this was never argued at the time because I was told to just stand there and not say anything unless the judge ask boy was I stuipid now that I have learned. Long story short I filled for divorce after she did not drop this injunction so I could reopen the case and a new divorce attorney told me this was the thing to do to get rid of this sooner now it is close to the end of the term and still I have yet to be able to dispute the lie's that she told to get this on me. I have been in and out of court so much that it seems like they have a box there for my revised injunction skip the mail. My wife now wants to extend this for life as she has to try to prove that her lie's are true, 2 Week's ago is when we were at court and now she found out that she has a warrant in for process for her arrest for the false statement's to police that took over 8 month's to get them to see they had been had and the officer who arreted me did not get all the fact's before doing. I have yet to get my day in court to have this droped yet because of another thing she did to our son that required a social investigation and the judge want's to hear the findings. This also cost me alot of money and I have been paying all the bills and then some as she had lied under oath about how much I make when in fact I was not paid for 4 month's and she fabricated the amount for the temp support of our children total of 4. This has consumed me as I have been forced to live all over the place and try to survive and now I have our son who is staying with me and I still have been paying my wife the full amount of support and he is going on 3 month's and I have been asking the attorney to get me a break on this payment as work is slow in constuction here and I am going broke with all of this he said that things take time and that we have to take baby step's and we have to wait for her arrest and then all this will change. In the mean time I have got to move back in my home that I am trying to get cleaned up after 9 month's of no matinance and is mostly empty as my wife moved to try tell the judge that she has fear so that she can get her exstention. I forgot to say that I had to get my first attorney for my son to clear his name and to get temp custidy so that he will not have to fear her and this is costing alot as again the judge has to review if we can add this attorney and now they are fighting this and want to get another attoney for our other kids that now my wife has made up more lie's that our youngest son say's that his brother has done abuse to him by hitting him. Now I have to fill the house back up with stuff for our kids as this investigation is under way and my wife has done nothing but to make everything as hard as possiable to spend more money and to destroy me and it is now working as I am asking if anyone has some advise to what I can do to ease the burdin as I am running out of money and work that I can barely get anything done as I am MR. mom and dad that This is the only thing I do not mind and I am hoping that I will get costidy of our other children when she finally get's arrested and the extra payment will stop. Any suggestions will help as this is my first time in anything like this and I have a sick wife that is minipulative and very smart as she had almost had the perfect crime of setting me up for all of this. Sorry so long but I want to make sure that the understanding of this mess is not miss leading thanks.

MICHAELRICHARDS

Just trying to get some help or answers.

Florida, Sorry that I might not be the typing pro but I am trying!
I am not used to this and I am learning as I go, So if you and everyone can bare it for now it would be appreciated.

I know that my question was to long and has alot of stuff in it. But I wanted all to see if there is anything that I can do in any of the areas from my story, As to specific areas of the law I do not know, that is why I tried to ask to the perfect person that surley must of come out of the gate never having any problem's in life if you are reading this reply.

I am just a overwhelmed father and I am just trying to figuire this out and I thought this site could help me out and not be so cridical in this time of need. And as to not be the most educaited in this topic and who never wanted to be. I will try to be more direact about issues that I hope not to waist anyone's time thank-you.

Proserpina

All that was asked is that you hit "edit" and make it a little easier to read - you weren't personally attacked!.

Here's your post though - it just makes it easier for people to read, k?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida, This all started in Aug 7, 08. I have been through alot my wife snaped one night and made false statement's to police and had me arrested, After I got out she put a restaining order on me for no reason but for her way to control and punish me. I went to trial for this and was found not guilty.

This cost me alot of money, I tried to have the order removed the week after and was told that I could not do it because my case has been closed and that they have nothing to base the removal on and that I had time to appeal it at the time.

I had a fill in attorney that I just got representation and the attorney that I hired was to be out of town he did not know the case and this was never argued at the time because I was told to just stand there and not say anything unless the judge ask boy was I stuipid now that I have learned.

Long story short I filled for divorce after she did not drop this injunction so I could reopen the case and a new divorce attorney told me this was the thing to do to get rid of this sooner now it is close to the end of the term and still I have yet to be able to dispute the lie's that she told to get this on me.

I have been in and out of court so much that it seems like they have a box there for my revised injunction skip the mail. My wife now wants to extend this for life as she has to try to prove that her lie's are true, 2 Week's ago is when we were at court and now she found out that she has a warrant in for process for her arrest for the false statement's to police that took over 8 month's to get them to see they had been had and the officer who arreted me did not get all the fact's before doing.

I have yet to get my day in court to have this droped yet because of another thing she did to our son that required a social investigation and the judge want's to hear the findings.

This also cost me alot of money and I have been paying all the bills and then some as she had lied under oath about how much I make when in fact I was not paid for 4 month's and she fabricated the amount for the temp support of our children total of 4.

This has consumed me as I have been forced to live all over the place and try to survive and now I have our son who is staying with me and I still have been paying my wife the full amount of support and he is going on 3 month's and I have been asking the attorney to get me a break on this payment as work is slow in constuction here and I am going broke with all of this he said that things take time and that we have to take baby step's and we have to wait for her arrest and then all this will change.

In the mean time I have got to move back in my home that I am trying to get cleaned up after 9 month's of no matinance and is mostly empty as my wife moved to try tell the judge that she has fear so that she can get her exstention.

I forgot to say that I had to get my first attorney for my son to clear his name and to get temp custidy so that he will not have to fear her and this is costing alot as again the judge has to review if we can add this attorney and now they are fighting this and want to get another attoney for our other kids that now my wife has made up more lie's that our youngest son say's that his brother has done abuse to him by hitting him.

Now I have to fill the house back up with stuff for our kids as this investigation is under way and my wife has done nothing but to make everything as hard as possiable to spend more money and to destroy me and it is now working as I am asking if anyone has some advise to what I can do to ease the burdin as I am running out of money and work that I can barely get anything done as I am MR. mom and dad that

This is the only thing I do not mind and I am hoping that I will get costidy of our other children when she finally get's arrested and the extra payment will stop. Any suggestions will help as this is my first time in anything like this and I have a sick wife that is minipulative and very smart as she had almost had the perfect crime of setting me up for all of this. Sorry so long but I want to make sure that the understanding of this mess is not miss leading thanks.

Proserpina

And it just occurred to me, but you are responding to Countrywide's signature line - it shows on every post. It's not aimed at you.

Country Living

The spammers were very busy this morning. They leave a footprint on the board even though their posts were reported so I override that footprint in a couple of ways. Sometimes it requires I put a post somewhere in the section.

I come back as soon as M notifies me she's permanently deleted the little spambots. Just give me a little time to do that. I don't mean to confuse people.

I like my signature block....:D If you click on the little side arrow by the person's name you'll get to see the whole post.

Proserpina

Oh holy cowpat! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm sorry CL....I'm such an airhead. I know you're not Countrywide...though it kinda suggests that your helpful advice is vital and appreciated not only here, but everywhere. Right?

Right?!

OK why is everyone still laughing at me?! I thought that was a nice save :p

I'm going to drown my ditzy sorrows in a really huge mug o'coffee.

Carry on with your regularly scheduled programming :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">