• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Which Court in the county?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jonas271085

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington State

Hi,

I am going to divorce with my wife. We live in King County/WA.

Which court?
Can we choose any court in the county to divorce? Just at the moment I am living in Kent and my wife in Seattle. Due to the faster proceedings I would prefer to file the dissolution at the Kent court instead of Seattle. But maybe I will move to another state in about a month. Could there be any problem? I mean we would file the divorce in Kent and one month later neither my wife nor me are living in Kent anymore. But my wife continues to live in Seatlle, which is the same county.

Adress change?
If I move to another state after the filing for dissolution, do I have to inform the court about the change of my adress? I would still be available under the adress I filed for the dissolution because I am living with a friend at the moment.

Apostille?
Because I will marry again in a european country I need an apostille on my divorce certificate (or degree?). As to my information I get the apostille at the secretary of state. Is it right? Can I already apply for an apostille when I file the case so that the certificate will auomatically get an apostille after the finalization or is it something I have to do after the divorce is final? And how long does it take to get an apostille? And how much does it cost?

Certified copies?
Also I need some certified copys of the divorce certificate. From where do I get them? Can I already apply for them when I file for the divorce? How long does it take to get certified copies and how much does it cost?

Sorry, I know I ask very much, but I would be really thankful to receive some answers.
Thanks
Jonas

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">