• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Generally spaking why is it that?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

juda75

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? SC

The people giving out the free legal advice in this forum are generally rude and talk down to pretty much every person who posts a question? Especially concerning Family Law, Divorce and Custody situations. I have noticed that the answers are curt and sometimes down right rude, talking to people as if their question is beneath the answerer but out of oligation an answer is given. Why is that?

and of course I meant generally speaking...

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

The people giving out the free legal advice in this forum are generally rude and talk down to pretty much every person who posts a question? Especially concerning Family Law, Divorce and Custody situations. I have noticed that the answers are curt and sometimes down right rude, talking to people as if their question is beneath the answerer but out of oligation an answer is given. Why is that?

Would you like some cheese...?

Mass_Shyster

Lawyers who are rude to paying customers don't get repeat business or referrals. No matter what stupid statement a client makes, a lawyer must hold his or her tongue.

That does not apply to free advice.

BL

Generally speaking , if a poster is out of line , it's better to read it here and be prepared , instead of hearing it all from a curt and sometimes downright blunt and rude Judge in the courtroom in front of an audience .

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I love the fact that I actually answered quite seriously and was not rude at all. And yet he still decides to start another thread whining about it.

mistoffolees

Generally speaking, posters who get rude responses fall into one of the following categories:
1. They act like they know everything and refuse to take advice.
2. They contradict themselves multiple times so that it's clear they're making things up and/or lying
3. They ask for advice and then when they're given the advice they requested, the attack the respondent for giving them advice.

Which category do YOU fall into?

Isis1

Generally speaking, posters who get rude responses fall into one of the following categories:
1. They act like they know everything and refuse to take advice.
2. They contradict themselves multiple times so that it's clear they're making things up and/or lying
3. They ask for advice and then when they're given the advice they requested, the attack the respondent for giving them advice.

Which category do YOU fall into?
*jumps with hand in air* i know!! i know!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">