• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wife refuses to divorce me!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bellwoods

tn I moved out of my home two years ago. A year later I filed for divorce. My wife made outrageous demands (75%) of my check, 10,000 dollars upfront and on and on. Since I refused, she now completely ignores my calls and any proposals my lawyer draws up (she has a lawyer too). Right now I am trying to get a 90 default divorce (6 weeks in). I have since moved on and dating someone I want to move in with. If this divorce goes on much longer and I have to get a contested divorce, could my girlfriend be dragged into court?

bellwoods

Tinkerbell, She has been working fulltime for about a year. By the way, I've been giving her half my paycheck every week since i moved out (we have a 15 year old son) plus I have paid for braces ect. separately from my paycheck. We have a mortgage.

mistoffolees

tn I moved out of my home two years ago. A year later I filed for divorce. My wife made outrageous demands (75%) of my check, 10,000 dollars upfront and on and on. Since I refused, she now completely ignores my calls and any proposals my lawyer draws up (she has a lawyer too). Right now I am trying to get a 90 default divorce (6 weeks in). I have since moved on and dating someone I want to move in with. If this divorce goes on much longer and I have to get a contested divorce, could my girlfriend be dragged into court?
Don't do it.

I did a quick Google for TN divorce laws and adultery can create problems for you wrt custody and alimony.

You also need to talk with your attorney about the money you're sending her. It is possible that it could be considered as a gift rather than support - which means you may end up having to pay even more. There are ways around that if you handle it properly. If you don't, you could be in trouble.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">