• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chelle2303

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
I filed for a divorce a year ago. My ex has never responded and has pretty much dropped out of the picture with the exception of a few calls to our children. He has stated that he is not going to contest what I am asking for and we have no mutual property. Can I file for a default? He has never contested anything in court.

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
I filed for a divorce a year ago. My ex has never responded and has pretty much dropped out of the picture with the exception of a few calls to our children. He has stated that he is not going to contest what I am asking for and we have no mutual property. Can I file for a default? He has never contested anything in court.
If he doesn't contest anything or reply to the court documents, then you can file for default.

However, make sure you can prove he was properly served.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">