• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

arrested for being stuck in a ditch

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

siousxie

i was in victor ville california. it was about 2am and i got my truck sruck in a ditch when i tried to turn arround on the road. it was about 2am and i,d been trying for a few hour to dig my truck out. i saw a police car and waved him down for help. right away he wanted to check my pulse etc. i tried to tell him what i had been doing.he said victor ville was the meth capital. i was just there doing some work for my friends dad , i had never been in that town before. he arrested me with absolutly no reason and made me take a drug test. the test came back dirty but i wasn,t doing any drugs. all i had taken the day was some non perscription sinus medication and a couple over the counter diet pills my wife takes. they give you energy. in fact she was driving the truck and had left to go back to the house to call aaa. not knowing the area she got lost. so it took her awhile to find it.when my friends dad gave her a ride back to the truck , both it and i were gone. i spent the night in jail. what i would like to know is can i use the medication as a defence ? also did the cop have a right to arrest me. i wasn,t doing anything wrong, i even tried to flag him down for help. if i,m found guilty will i go to jail? what should i do ?.

racer72

Till you hear from the prosecutor, I wouldn't worry. Doesn't sound like they have anything to charge you with except maybe DUI if the medications were strong enough to cause loss of mental alertness.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">