• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HOA and Cable TV bill

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Believer

I live in the state of California. My question is this:
My wife and I own a condo and the HoA controls the cable billing for all the units. Basically our cable bill is part of our HoA fees. Now we never cared until all the cable companies began introducing these "Bundle" packages where you can bundle your cable, phone and Internet and save money each month (for us it would be about $30). I have spoken with our HoA and the local Homeowners committee here during a meeting and nobody seems to know who is responsible for changing this (which baffles me). Obviously there was a time when this may have made sense, but not now. I want to get it out of the HoA fees so I can bundle adn save money, but since nobody knows who implemented it or how to get rid of it (or at least are unwilling to help), I don't know who to ask anymore. Appreciate any advice you can offer!
~Cheers
BelieverWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HomeGuru

I live in the state of California. My question is this:
My wife and I own a condo and the HoA controls the cable billing for all the units. Basically our cable bill is part of our HoA fees. Now we never cared until all the cable companies began introducing these "Bundle" packages where you can bundle your cable, phone and Internet and save money each month (for us it would be about $30). I have spoken with our HoA and the local Homeowners committee here during a meeting and nobody seems to know who is responsible for changing this (which baffles me). Obviously there was a time when this may have made sense, but not now. I want to get it out of the HoA fees so I can bundle adn save money, but since nobody knows who implemented it or how to get rid of it (or at least are unwilling to help), I don't know who to ask anymore. Appreciate any advice you can offer!
~Cheers
BelieverWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
**A: the HOA Board is responsible for dealing with this issue.

TinkerBelleLuvr

In my experience, I have found that the cable company will offer the bundle price because we already had the cable piped in. Did you ASK the cable company?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">