• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

advice on tax returns

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BMurph

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Im seperated from my wife and have been for about 5-6months. we have started our divorce. My question is this...She has received the tax reurn from our 2008 taxes. At this time she is witholding my return and all paperwork. What are the legal, if any actions that i can take? I have asked for it in a civil manner but she refuses to release the Money and paperwork to me.

Thanks,
Brian

TinkerBelleLuvr

You can get a copy of your tax return from the IRS. They charge $$ for the actual return. Transcripts are free.

As for the tax return $$, have it addressed in the asset allocation in your divorce.

BMurph

You can get a copy of your tax return from the IRS. They charge $$ for the actual return. Transcripts are free.

As for the tax return $$, have it addressed in the asset allocation in your divorce.
I have addressed it in the divorce papers, yesturday as a matter of fact! Thanks! Does this mean its gonna be awhile before I see ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">