• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 weeks notice? Requirement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ArubanGal

I quit my job (after only 3 months) as I found a MUCH better opportunity with another company. PLUS I had been accused of some extremely inappropriate things (an affair with a married man and bribery!!)Needless to say, I wanted OUT.
The problem is, in our contract, the final condition states that "either party shall give 2 weeks written notice before termination of employment."
THe other job wants me to start whenever I can - ASAP, and is very eager to have me on board...AS AM I!!!
I want to just get my last paycheck next Tues (only 4 days after I quit) and leave.
What can happen should I do this? Are there any legal ramifications???? Or is this just "politeness" and "the proper thing to do?" PLEASE HELP!! I'm totally bored and feel terribly uncomfortable.
p.s. I live in FL.
Thanks SO much!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">