• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

travel agency confidentiality

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chazelle

i recently purchased a ticket through a travel agency. when i walked out the door, one of the employees was a friend of my ex and called him and released all of my information. such as: how much i payed, how i payed, where i was going, where i was leaving from, how long i was to be gone, etc. when he told me this, i called the travel agency and asked about the confientiality with them and they said yes, and that they were sorry. no disciplinary action was taken nor was i compensated. i am currently going through a custody case with my ex boyfriend and this made things more difficult. my information should have never been released and all that was given out was my business.any suggestions?

K

Kristi56

I would call your courts and see if there is something you can do as far AS BREAKING A CONTRACT OR NOT FOLLOWING THE BOOK. I AM NOW GOING THROUGH SOMETHING AS FAR AS BREAKING THE RULES AND IT IS GOING AS FAR AS THE STATE. io WOULD DEFANITLY SEE ABOUT HAVING THEN COMPENSAE YOU FOR YOUR TROUBLE THEY CAUSED... Sorry for the caps........

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

chazelle said:
i recently purchased a ticket through a travel agency. when i walked out the door, one of the employees was a friend of my ex and called him and released all of my information. such as: how much i payed, how i payed, where i was going, where i was leaving from, how long i was to be gone, etc. when he told me this, i called the travel agency and asked about the confientiality with them and they said yes, and that they were sorry. no disciplinary action was taken nor was i compensated. i am currently going through a custody case with my ex boyfriend and this made things more difficult. my information should have never been released and all that was given out was my business.any suggestions?

My response:

I have responded to your same question, here :

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?postid=123048#post123048

IAAL

K

Kristi56

6275. It is the intent of the Legislature to assist members of the
public and state and local agencies in identifying exemptions to the
California Public Records Act. It is the intent of the Legislature
that, after January 1, 1999, each addition or amendment to a statute
that exempts any information contained in a public record from
disclosure pursuant to subdivision (k) of Section 6254 shall be
listed and described in this article. The statutes listed in this
article may operate to exempt certain records, or portions thereof,
from disclosure. The statutes listed and described may not be
inclusive of all exemptions. The listing of a statute in this
article does not itself create an exemption. Requesters of public
records and public agencies are cautioned to review the applicable
statute to determine the extent to which the statute, in light of the
circumstances surrounding the request, exempts public records from
disclosure.
or probable assailants from finding them. The purpose of this
chapter is to enable state and local agencies to respond to requests
for public records without disclosing the changed name or location of
a victim of domestic violence or stalking, to enable interagency
cooperation with the Secretary of State in providing name and address
confidentiality for victims of domestic violence or stalking, and to
enable state and local agencies to accept a program participant's
use of an address designated by the Secretary of State as a
substitute mailing address.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Kristi, you have cited the "Public Records Act", which has nothing to do with "private agreements" or dealings. The "Act" would not protect our writer in dealings concerning information divulged by our writer's "travel agent".

IAAL

K

Kristi56

I am not going to argue with you. I have been speaking from experience. My ex called my old Manger and requested information about me... Whre I am, who I live with, when I work and so forth. This woman with out knowing that the man she was talking to was the man that I was hiding from due to stocking and attempted kidnapping of my son told him everything he asked with out blinking. I do not live in CA however there are domestic laws/ statues because of whom it it. The woman that gave the information was given a court date...as I shortly moved and went back into hiding the last I heard she is no longer the manager an is on 1 year probation. So I would think it would depend who it is that got a hold of the information and what it is being used for, will it be used against the person, will it benefit them in illegal action, will it put a person/ place in danger and so forth. I say she goes to court as it is for a Judge to decide these and it also depends on the how the judge feels about this sort of thing. As he can hear/look at the whole story and not a corner of it.

C

chazelle

i just want to say thank you kristi for your replies. they are very useful. best of luck to you and sorry to hear what you have gone through. best of luck to you.

JETX

Kristi, let me see if I understand this correctly....

You tried to help by giving an incorrect legal citing that does not have any bearing on the thread. Then, when IAAL pointed out your error, you answered with a smart-alecky, "I am not going to argue with you. I have been speaking from experience." and dribbled on about how an apartment manager got probation FROM HER EMPLOYER (probably) for violating company policy. Sorry, but not anywhere near the same legal standing.

And, is this the same experience that you were displaying when you said that you had NO idea how to file a Small Claims action in the following message:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?threadid=46827

K

Kristi56

If you would read before you speak you would see the one that I do not know how to handle is due to both parties being in a other states. Slight differance here. As far as giving advice I did not say I was a lawyer I gave my advice/opinion which is what this forum is for free advice hence the name. " Also I was not being "smart alicky either. If you again read what was written before jumping to reply, in another forum the same message was written and he wanted nothering more but to argue with both me and the person that wrote the original message.

Here is that link that you may want to read.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?threadid=46850

K

Kristi56

Also I do not appriciat you putting words in my mouth as far as probation by her manager as this was inaccurate on your part and was not stated on mine. Know before you jump.

Thnk you, I have already stated my opinion and am sure she doesn't want this thread for arguing. I gave my opinion that I see some of you do not like and now I will not be back. To this board to argue more.

Have a great day an I hope all works out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">