• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Timeshare Quitclaim to Ex?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

magtwo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I am divorced (filed in UT). My ex-wife and I have a timeshare held jointly in the state of Virginia.

I would like to Quitclaim the property into her name. How do I go about starting the process?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I am divorced (filed in UT). My ex-wife and I have a timeshare held jointly in the state of Virginia.

I would like to Quitclaim the property into her name. How do I go about starting the process?
Is there a loan on the time share? If so, I would not sign a quit claim until your ex finances the loan into her own name.

CraigFL

What is trying to be said is that the Quitclaim terminates any title/ownership rights you have. It does not terminate any financial or contractual responsibilities you have with the property including mortgages or maintenance fees/agreements you have with the unit management.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">