• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I dont want a divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JENNBATTON2000

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TEXAS

mY HUSBAND AND I SEPARATED AND SHORTLY AFTER HE FOUND OUT HE HAD CANCER. WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED 9 YEARS AND AFTER OUR SEPARATION WE NEVER REALLY WERE ABLE TO TALK ABOUT "US" DUE TO HIS BUSY SCHEDULE WITH APPTS. AND TREATMENTS. HIS MOM MOVED IN AND WONT LET ME TALK TO HIM. I AM NOT READY FOR A DIVORCE I LOVE HIM AND WANT HIM TO GET BETTER AND WE CAN SEE WHAT HAPPENS IN OUR MARRIAGE WE WERE SUPPOSED TO ONLY HAVE A COOL DOWN PERIOD THEN ALL THIS CAME ABOUT CAN WE HAVE COUNSELING ORDERED

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TEXAS

mY HUSBAND AND I SEPARATED AND SHORTLY AFTER HE FOUND OUT HE HAD CANCER. WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED 9 YEARS AND AFTER OUR SEPARATION WE NEVER REALLY WERE ABLE TO TALK ABOUT "US" DUE TO HIS BUSY SCHEDULE WITH APPTS. AND TREATMENTS. HIS MOM MOVED IN AND WONT LET ME TALK TO HIM. I AM NOT READY FOR A DIVORCE I LOVE HIM AND WANT HIM TO GET BETTER AND WE CAN SEE WHAT HAPPENS IN OUR MARRIAGE WE WERE SUPPOSED TO ONLY HAVE A COOL DOWN PERIOD THEN ALL THIS CAME ABOUT CAN WE HAVE COUNSELING ORDERED
I'm sorry about your husband's illness. It is very difficult to read your post in all caps. Do you have a question?

JENNBATTON2000

Last week i received divorce papers in the mail and it said i have 30 days to have them signed and returned this isnt what i want i feel like i have just been tossed away and our life has been forgotten about all because he became sick and his family is around him and are pushing for the divorce

Isis1

Last week i received divorce papers in the mail and it said i have 30 days to have them signed and returned this isnt what i want i feel like i have just been tossed away and our life has been forgotten about all because he became sick and his family is around him and are pushing for the divorce
i'm sorry. husband can get a divorce without your consent.

CourtClerk

No one is going to make your husband stay married to you, nor is anyone going to ORDER him to counseling. He doesn't want to be married to you anymore, get over it. He already is.

JENNBATTON2000

I am trying to the only thing is he is very sick. after his last treatment he slept for 18 days i just dont see how this divorce is his top priority other than his families. i don't want to feel like i am divorcing them. I just want to be able to talk to him and see what he thinks. If he is this ill right now how can i divorce him i feel like that would be wrong.

mistoffolees

I am trying to the only thing is he is very sick. after his last treatment he slept for 18 days i just dont see how this divorce is his top priority other than his families. i don't want to feel like i am divorcing them. I just want to be able to talk to him and see what he thinks. If he is this ill right now how can i divorce him i feel like that would be wrong.
You're not divorcing him. He's divorcing you. Whether you think it's a bad idea or not is irrelevant. He will get a divorce.

I'm having a little trouble reconciling your statement in the original post that his mother won't let you talk with him. I'm assuming you're both adults, so his mother has no say in whether you talk with him or not. He apparently doesn't want to talk with you.

Unless you can establish that he is incompetent to handle his own affairs, he's going to do what he wants to do and you will not be able to get a court to order counseling for him. You, OTOH, are free to go to counseling on your own.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">