• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is he in violation?!?!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kristi56

My Ex Lives in Indiana, I live in Colorado. We have a child together for whom he was denied any rights to. He and his new girlfriend continuasly called my house with threats. I got a temporary restraining order on him. My permanit fell through due to being late to ourt with dreadful snow storm...12 out of 13 people were dissmissed. He went out and got an order onme...fisrt a temp now permanit. I thought this was great since mine fell through because it is a no contact direct or in direct. He is now calling my house and trying to get my fiance now of 3 yrs to get me to do things in court What can I do? Is he in violation of his own order or do I have to just continue to let him happass me? I can not afford another restraining order as it costs me quite a bit. Please help he will be calling again tomorrow. Thank You.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

You cannot have your cake and eat it too. Everything costs, so it may be worth it to spend a little to get some peace.

1. Has your temporary restraining order on him expired? If yes, see 2 and 3 below. If no, then use the caller ID to track his every call/block his number so the only way he can call is if he uses *82/then call the police and have him taken in for violating this order.

2. If expired, hire a lawyer/go to your local legal aid clinic and ask them to help you re-apply for one...explaining how he got one on you and how he is calling, etc. http://www.attorneypages.com

3. change your number.

K

Kristi56

I have gone to lgal aid and they can no6 help me because I make to much.. They don't look at aqny of you expenses here only your gross. As for a regular lawyer They was about 2500 dollar which I don't have and this is just for the retainer.

As for changing my # I have done this 2 times now and both times was in someone elses names. He used to stock so so9me how he get it evey time.

L

lawrat

Actually, let me a little more precise. There are domestic violence clinics that are run by legal aid -- salary is not an issue because they help you file, which you pay. It is usually run by one attorney, a law students/social workers and a paralegal

I

Ijoe7

E-mail address

I agree change your number, and if you let the kids Correspond with him, give him an e-mail address to bug you on, that way you can hit the delete button when you don't want to here from him.

K

Kristi56

Well, we are moving here in about a month so we will do that. My son has no contact with him as he has been denied visitation twice now. So I am going to just attempt to hide once again. Just gets frusterating as I have hid 3 times now and he has found me every time. It gets scary.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">