• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filed for divorce but May change mind

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Alicia20

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I filed for divorce and my spouse was served 20 days ago, since then things have gotten better but I want to give ita few months before I either go through with it or cancel it together. Is there anything that I need to do? :confused:

Additionally, my spouse has not responded since being served.

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I filed for divorce and my spouse was served 20 days ago, since then things have gotten better but I want to give ita few months before I either go through with it or cancel it together. Is there anything that I need to do? :confused:

Additionally, my spouse has not responded since being served.
You don't need to do anything until the first scheduled hearing. Alternatively, you could withdraw the complaint and then refile it later if necessary (I did that).

CourtClerk

You don't need to do anything until the first scheduled hearing.
There are no hearings scheduled automatically.

OP, if all you filed was a summons and complaint, you can let it just sit there for as long as you want. Your husband can even answer and nothing will happen. In fact, I'd advise that he should respond.

If in a few months, you decide you don't want to go through with it, file a dismissal.

Alicia20

You don't need to do anything until the first scheduled hearing. Alternatively, you could withdraw the complaint and then refile it later if necessary (I did that).
Are my spouse and I considered seperate at this time and can I buy a seperate property or vehicles?

Silverplum

How many threads do you require to ask the same questions?

:rolleyes:

Pick a thread and stick to it. Read the advice already given.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">