• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parker Finch HOA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sandra-Pants

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

I don't know what to do at this point. I moved into my condo in Aug. of 2007, and right from the very beginning, I knew that the balcony needed to be replaced. I originally spoke with the HOA at the time and they said that my balcony was going to be fixed once the weather was nice. That summer came and went and I couldn't get them to make any concrete plans to do work. Over the winter, the wood became even more warped and rotted due to the snow and moisture. The HOA changed during this time and now I am dealing with a new company. They claim to be doing some sort of budget planning before being able to start work, however, my balcony is on a list of four balconies that really need work so hopefully they can fix it soon. Yet, now, they don't even return my calls. I pay $180.00/month in fees to take care of the grounds and the exterior of the building, to pay for the water, and to take care of the parking lot.

My neighbors told me their balcony was fixed right after they moved in. I don't understand why I have been ignored, perhaps some young girl isn't worth listening to in their opinion...

They also refuse to hire a pet waste removal company and over the winter you can see dozens, if not hundreds, of droppings all over the premises and my dog even contracted Giardia over this time (which is really my fault for not catching him in time, but little puppies are so fast and it would help if there weren't so many piles everywhere)... They say that having a company clean would only encourage people to leave it for them and not clean up after their pets. They are considering bag dispensers, but that is all they will do about the feces everywhere.

The grass is also up to my knees in some places. I really don't see why I have to pay so much in HOA fees when they aren't fulfilling their part of the contract, and my balcony is very dangerous in this condition, besides just the legal responsibility, what about basic concern for the safety of others?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

I don't know what to do at this point. I moved into my condo in Aug. of 2007, and right from the very beginning, I knew that the balcony needed to be replaced. I originally spoke with the HOA at the time and they said that my balcony was going to be fixed once the weather was nice. That summer came and went and I couldn't get them to make any concrete plans to do work. Over the winter, the wood became even more warped and rotted due to the snow and moisture. The HOA changed during this time and now I am dealing with a new company. They claim to be doing some sort of budget planning before being able to start work, however, my balcony is on a list of four balconies that really need work so hopefully they can fix it soon. Yet, now, they don't even return my calls. I pay $180.00/month in fees to take care of the grounds and the exterior of the building, to pay for the water, and to take care of the parking lot.

My neighbors told me their balcony was fixed right after they moved in. I don't understand why I have been ignored, perhaps some young girl isn't worth listening to in their opinion...

They also refuse to hire a pet waste removal company and over the winter you can see dozens, if not hundreds, of droppings all over the premises and my dog even contracted Giardia over this time (which is really my fault for not catching him in time, but little puppies are so fast and it would help if there weren't so many piles everywhere)... They say that having a company clean would only encourage people to leave it for them and not clean up after their pets. They are considering bag dispensers, but that is all they will do about the feces everywhere.

The grass is also up to my knees in some places. I really don't see why I have to pay so much in HOA fees when they aren't fulfilling their part of the contract, and my balcony is very dangerous in this condition, besides just the legal responsibility, what about basic concern for the safety of others?
**A: simply write a certified rrr letter to the HOA Board President citing the violation of Baord duties and referencing pertinent sections of the Declaration, By-Laws, House Rules etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">