• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP with EX

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

huntry77

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

I recently found my wife was cheating, i decided to move away to CA. i have been in CA less than a week but plan on living here. Before i left and before any divorce proceeding were being considered. I broke stuff in out apt, picture frames, vanity, photo books. she called the police ans now police are trying to contact me. Is there anything legal she can do to me about the stuff we had together?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

I recently found my wife was cheating, i decided to move away to CA. i have been in CA less than a week but plan on living here. Before i left and before any divorce proceeding were being considered. I broke stuff in out apt, picture frames, vanity, photo books. she called the police ans now police are trying to contact me. Is there anything legal she can do to me about the stuff we had together?
Mature aren't you? Yes she can legally try to recoup the cost of HER items if you broke her personal stuff. Whose photo books were they? Hers? You can also find a domestic violence charge against you.

LdiJ

Mature aren't you? Yes she can legally try to recoup the cost of HER items if you broke her personal stuff. Whose photo books were they? Hers? You can also find a domestic violence charge against you.
You also mentioned a "vanity". That is usually a piece of built in furniture that is part of the apartment. The landlord could certainly bring action against you for that...and for any other damage that you may have done to the apartment itself.

You should really go back and deal with your actions. You are not going to be able to truly move on with your life until you do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">