• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tenting for termites

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cap

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
My HOA has nothing in the CC&R regarding pest control. I own a condo in California that is connected to one other unit, and that unit is in escrow and needs to be tented for termites. Do I have to split the cost of tenting with the unit that is in escrow?

BlondiePB

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
My HOA has nothing in the CC&R regarding pest control. I own a condo in California that is connected to one other unit, and that unit is in escrow and needs to be tented for termites. Do I have to split the cost of tenting with the unit that is in escrow?
Pest control (like roaches, flies, spiders) is an owner's responsibility. Outside pest control is part of an HOA's maintenance. Termites affect condos common elements of the interior units making it an HOA problem with shared cost of all owners. All condos need to be treated.

HG may come along and work out any/all bugs to my reply.

HomeGuru

I agree. Generally termite tenting is a HOA responsibility unless it cna be proven that a condo owner was the cause of the termites.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">