• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Service of Process

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tssunaami

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX
My husband filed for divorce and I was given a waiver of service initially, which i dint sign. The law firm had written that they would have to serve me with process and citation if i dint sign the waiver.
What is this Service of Process?
What is the earliest and final date it would reach me from the date of filing?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX
My husband filed for divorce and I was given a waiver of service initially, which i dint sign. The law firm had written that they would have to serve me with process and citation if i dint sign the waiver.
What is this Service of Process?
What is the earliest and final date it would reach me from the date of filing?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Service of Process simply shows that they are sending you the divorce papers. The papers will have instructions on how to respond.

The papers could be served to you as early as the same day after they are prepared and submitted to the court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">