• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help do I have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cermoon

First off I am from Louisiana
In November,, my cousin and his friend came over to visit my husband and my brother. While they were visiting, the friend asked to look at our cds and while looking at them they ended up leaving with the cds. Later that day, when I finally got in touch with him and asked him to bring back the cds, he said he would and he never showed up. I continued to contact him for a month to try to get the cds back and always got excuses that he couldn't find them. So I got the police involved and file a police report, they told me there was nothing they could do, because we knew he had the cds when he left. Now it has been about 4 months and he still has the cds, the total worth of the cds comes to about $700. We have gotten one of the cds back from him, he was listening to it in his pc,, he has tried saying that he never had the cds to begin with or that they were stolen from his car. We know that this info is false for one time we went over to his home to help him find the cds and his girlfriend and his aunt told me in front of a witness that they had seen the cds in the home. The guy has a record of theft, for he was just arrested for theft in another matter. If I file a suit against him,, what are the chances that I will ever even get the cds back, it has great sentimental value to my husband and myself ,, please help us.

[Edited by cermoon on 03-10-2001 at 11:27 AM]

HomeGuru

Yes, you have a case but if the guy has no money or will be in jail you may not be so lucky. Your cousin should pay something.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">