• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice on a complicated divorce.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pitin

Hi, Im from Puerto Rico and I have a complicated situation. Im in love with a married woman. She's been married for 3 years and has a 2 year old son. She's been living with her husband but for the past year or so, they sleep in different rooms. Hes a police officer and uses this athority to obligate her to stay with him. He tells her that if she leaves him, he will take away her son. He abuses her physicaly and mentaly. She wants to end this nightmare but she does not want to loose her life or her son. Please tell me how can I help her get out of this situation and what does she need to do leagaly.

mistoffolees

Hi, Im from Puerto Rico and I have a complicated situation. Im in love with a married woman. She's been married for 3 years and has a 2 year old son. She's been living with her husband but for the past year or so, they sleep in different rooms. Hes a police officer and uses this athority to obligate her to stay with him. He tells her that if she leaves him, he will take away her son. He abuses her physicaly and mentaly. She wants to end this nightmare but she does not want to loose her life or her son. Please tell me how can I help her get out of this situation and what does she need to do leagaly.
1. You're not doing her any favors by being 'in love' with a married woman.

2. She needs to file for divorce and ask the court for a temporary custody determination. They may give her sole custody, him sole custody, or joint custody

3. You have no role in this process. I'm assuming she's an adult, so she needs to take care of her own problems. Have her post here.

LdiJ

If you are certain that she is telling you the truth, then the best advice she can be given is to contact a local women's shelter. They have the resources to help and advise her on her best course of action.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">