• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

collecting on a civil suit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mrynngus81

i am a new york resident. i won a civil suit judgement twice and two appeals. how can i collect my money? please help

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mrynngus81 said:
i am a new york resident. i won a civil suit judgement twice and two appeals. how can i collect my money? please help
My response:

There are books written on the subject. Go to a bookstore and buy one.

IAAL

JETX

Basically, you have three choices:

1) As IAAL said, you can educate yourself on the legal process of judgment enforcement. One way to do this is research at a law library or you can go to any large bookstore and look for a book titled something like, "How to win in New Yord courts". The book will include a chapter on how to collect.

2) Get hold of a Judgment Recovery or Enforcement firm. You could do a websearch for firms in New York (or go to my website shown in my address line and I will try to refer you to someone based in New York).

3) Let the debtor continue not paying.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">