• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abandonment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TLS7

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Viriginia

Okay so heres my situation me and my husband have not lived together for almost a year and a half. My husband helped move me and our daughter into an apartment in town. I got the seperation agreement from him the other day but there was stuff on there I wasnt in agreeance with. He has been making threats to me he said that if i did not sign the agreement by a certain date we were taking it to court, and he also said that he would get me for abandonment for leaving the house. Now I could see that happening if i randomly left one day or even if it were I who wanted the divorce, But i want the one, and the big reason i could not see him getting me for abandonment for leaving the house is because when me and my daughter moved to our apartment he was our guarantor on the apartment, AND he even put in the seperation agreement about how i was not allowed out to our house. Someone please help me out....

mistoffolees

Okay so heres my situation me and my husband have not lived together for almost a year and a half. My husband helped move me and our daughter into an apartment in town. I got the seperation agreement from him the other day but there was stuff on there I wasnt in agreeance with. He has been making threats to me he said that if i did not sign the agreement by a certain date we were taking it to court, and he also said that he would get me for abandonment for leaving the house. Now I could see that happening if i randomly left one day or even if it were I who wanted the divorce, But i want the one, and the big reason i could not see him getting me for abandonment for leaving the house is because when me and my daughter moved to our apartment he was our guarantor on the apartment, AND he even put in the seperation agreement about how i was not allowed out to our house. Someone please help me out....
Pick up the phone and call an attorney.

Meanwhile, do NOT sign anything you don't agree with.

Silverplum

Once you read the law for VA, you will see that he must have one of the required reasons for divorce. It makes more sense then.

http://www.divorcelawinfo.com/VA/divorce/divexpln.htm#Grounds

Of course, Mist is correct and you shouldn't sign anything without an attorney's review/explanation.

LdiJ

He also cannot "get you for abandonment" for leaving the house. That is a completely empty threat.

Get a consult with an attorney.

TLS7

Good good i knew he wouldnt be able to hold up his threat. This actually is nto about me its about my mom and she finaly got a lawyer like i have been telling her. Thanks for all the info

TLS7

He also cannot "get you for abandonment" for leaving the house. That is a completely empty threat.

Get a consult with an attorney.

Whats your signature say, I know what Veritas is i have it tattooed on my back Veritas Aequitas but what does the in vino mean

LdiJ

Whats your signature say, I know what Veritas is i have it tattooed on my back Veritas Aequitas but what does the in vino mean
The literal translation is:

In wine, there is truth. Its an ancient statement.

It basically means that people are most likely to be honest when they have been drinking. It dates back to ancient Roman times.

Silverplum

Good good i knew he wouldnt be able to hold up his threat. This actually is nto about me its about my mom and she finaly got a lawyer like i have been telling her. Thanks for all the info
Why can't posters be honest?

It's disgusting. :mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">