• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

copyright ownship&royalties?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lawlaw

I'm working on a book considered to be published. This book's original language is not English. I translated into a kind of plain and "unpolished" English and as they are poems and I'm not native English speaker so I found a native English writer/editor to rewrite them on the basis of the translation and idea I provided. I paid him for this. When it gets published in English, the versions are written by this writer I paid.

My question is: does this writer or rewriter who produced the English version on the basis of my translation and ideas have the ownership of the copyright of this book?
Or can he share the ownership of the copyright of this book? Does he have the right or reason to ask for the royalties of it? Do I need to pay him any portion of royalties since I have already paid him for the revisions or rewriting.

Thank you very much.

[Edited by lawlaw on 03-12-2001 at 09:06 AM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">