• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

moving out of State

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dark_Angel36

I need help. I am divorced and have full custody of my daughter .The abuser only has supervised visitation.I have a civil protection order on him for 5 years . I have been in a shelter from his continued abuse to me and my daughter.
Everytime i call the police they cant catch him stalking me or harassing me. I have been followed to work and thretened to be beaten up and my home was was broke in to an my poropery damaged. I have contacted my local shelter to reside there to get away from him but because he is too close to the facility they cant have me stay there for threats to myself and the other wemon in the past. So i've had them fax a letter to Ny to a local shelter there. I am wanting to move as soon as possible but i want to know under these circumstances it is wise to wait untill the 30 days to relocate??? I'm scared to death ... but i have permission to be housed out of state to get way from him.
Has there ever been circumstances where somone has filed a intent to relocate form and had to leave before the 30 days due to their saftey? and will i be introuble if i have full custody of my child?? and leave before then?

H

HumorMe!

Perhaps what you should consider is an emergency petition to move from the state. This would accomplish your goal while protecting you legally.

hm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">