• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Appliance issue in Selling Co-op

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jmeindl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

I bought my co-op in 2001 in a complex that did not allow W/D's in each unit. The women I bought from was allowed to have a W/D because of her age or some other reason. A proprietary lease was executed with the existance and knowledge of the W/D.

I am now trying to sell my co-op and the managing group is demanding that my Real Estate Agent remove the W/D listing from any ad's - and they are also insisting that I remove the W/D from my Co-OP

You Are Guilty

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

I bought my co-op in 2001 in a complex that did not allow W/D's in each unit. The women I bought from was allowed to have a W/D because of her age or some other reason. A proprietary lease was executed with the existance and knowledge of the W/D.

I am now trying to sell my co-op and the managing group is demanding that my Real Estate Agent remove the W/D listing from any ad's - and they are also insisting that I remove the W/D from my Co-OP
Riveting story. Did you have a question?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
This thread is a few days old, but I'm kind of curious as to why our OP thinks (s)he is allowed to have a W/D in the first place...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">