• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unjust termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MSamide

I'm from Upstate NY and was fired from my job after 19+ years as a RN on a maternity unit of a local hospital. I held the position of charge nurse of labor and delivery and post partum on the night shift for four years, and declined to work full shifts in L&D due to health issues aggravated by working in this highly stressful area. I was allowed to hold this job without any pressure until I filed a grievance with my union for being denied the last day of my vacation in August. Suddenly, I was being pressured by my nurse manager to re-train for L&D, a position I had held for 10 years prior to being given the charge position. I had documented proof from my MD that my high blood pressure, asthma, and diabetes would be negatively impacted by returning to L&D,and sent a letter to the director of human resources requesting acomodation under the ADA. (This was advised by my union's lawyers) A wrongful termination grievance has been filed by my union, what else
can I do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">