• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Newbies rules for posting (a newbie's perspective)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CourtClerk

Ohhh... this warrants a posting hx check. Someone is obviously very jaded and must have gotten their arse handed to them. I missed it.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

When posting on this site:

1) Be prepared to be ridiculed.

2) Apparently there are forum rules that you must follow. If you make a mistake and do not follow the rules, your situation may become the joke of the day.

3) There are advertisements for attorneys on this site, however after being treated so poorly, I question whether to contact any of them.

4) Although the member could not possibly know anything about you, you may be labeled "a pathetic excuse for a human being".

5) While posting on this site you may be accused of visiting "Aunt Flo" as you attempt to address your online attackers.

6) When certain members on this site have nothing of value to say, they may attack you personally and demean your situation, rather than address the facts. It is something that a weak minded person does when they have no valid argument. Remember, when a person tells you: "you are a pathetic excuse for a human being" and "has Aunt Flo come to visit?" or "you know nothing", it means they have lost the argument and have resorted to personal attacks because they have run out of facts to support their case.

7) Certain highly qualified members on this site may in fact be attorneys, yet they support themselves by giving away "free advice" rather than working for a living.

8) Be extremely careful posting on this site. Regardless of how confused or depressing your situation is that brought you here, after you are personally attacked by members who could not possibly know you, you may feel much worse than before you came.

9) I did not make all this up. There are other members on this website that have posted similiar feelings. It is so very sad that such a wonderful and helpful site, that would certainly get me to link to a local attorney for help, would turn into such a disaster simply because of a few members who take more glee in damaging a person than truly offering helpful advice.
Moron....:(

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
She posted her thread in at least two places and I posted that it was a double thread. She then commenced with berating me and telling me to shut up. She didn't like my response to that. :D

cyjeff

I get really busy for a couple of months and the forum starts to look like the worst moments from "Chimp Island".

Least y'all could'a done was email me....

Proserpina

Not to worry - I refunded the exact amount that Op paid :D

You know what gets me though?

MOST folk here start off as clueless newbies. And many (if not most) of us - deservedly - are chewed out for being less-than-stellar examples of adulthood. The difference, I suppose, is that instead of taking a tantrum and behaving like Veruca Salt on meth, some posters actually want to stick around in the hopes of learning something. Op, it seems, ain't in the latter category.

Meh, I say. Meh!

spock2001us

She posted her thread in at least two places and I posted that it was a double thread. She then commenced with berating me and telling me to shut up. She didn't like my response to that. :D
Ummmm, you did not simply post that I wrote a double thread. I am new to the forum and wrote the same post in two separate areas of the forum in hopes of soliciting a response. Rather than point out me that that proper etiquette is to post only once, you made a joke of me when you wrote "Apparently she is not happy just posting it once" and you also wrote "This is a double or triple post. I have lost count". In each instance you chose to belittle my situation as if you are somehow speaking down to me. I have since been called a "pathetic excuse for a human being" and told that I am "visiting Aunt Flo".

I did not tell you to shut up, which you like to point out as if somehow it validates your behavior. After you belittled my situation, I wrote that I would rather you either wrote advice based on my question/problem, or if you had nothing of value to say, then you should simply shut up (or something to that effect).

I suspect you know nothing about me. I may be the anesthetist who keeps you alive during your next surgery, I may be the oncologist who cures your child of leukemia, yet based on a few paragraphs I write in this forum I am told that I am a "pathetic excuse for a human being".

Because some on this website cannot handle the facts of the situation, my posts are being deleted. Oh well, I promise that although my posts may be censored, my message is valid.

CourtClerk

Ummmm, you did not simply post that I wrote a double thread. I am new to the forum and wrote the same post in two separate areas of the forum in hopes of soliciting a response. Rather than point out me that that proper etiquette is to post only once, you made a joke of me when you wrote "Apparently she is not happy just posting it once" and you also wrote "This is a double or triple post. I have lost count". In each instance you chose to belittle my situation as if you are somehow speaking down to me. I have since been called a "pathetic excuse for a human being" and told that I am "visiting Aunt Flo".

I did not tell you to shut up, which you like to point out as if somehow it validates your behavior. After you belittled my situation, I wrote that I would rather you either wrote advice based on my question/problem, or if you had nothing of value to say, then you should simply shut up (or something to that effect).

I suspect you know nothing about me. I may be the anesthetist who keeps you alive during your next surgery, I may be the oncologist who cures your child of leukemia, yet based on a few paragraphs I write in this forum I am told that I am a "pathetic excuse for a human being".

Because some on this website cannot handle the facts of the situation, my posts are being deleted. Oh well, I promise that although my posts may be censored, my message is valid.
Feel better now?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

Jeez. I never wrote that you are a pathetic excuse for a human being nor did I write that you were being visited by Aunt Flo. I am also am not a plagiarist (apparently you have no clue what that word actually means). I did not belittle you -- I stated a fact -- you had posted it either two or three times -- I was not sure as I had lost count. That was a fact. And I did say apparently you were not happy posting it only once. Because quite frankly if you were happy and satisfied with that you would have stopped at once. You didn't and posted more than once. None of that that I posted was rude. YOU then became insulting and rude. Your message is valid? Nope. Because it is misleading and just plain wrong in many instances.

mistoffolees

You might want to ask yourself why so many people get helpful advice on this board and a few (like you) go away unhappy. In my experience, 99% of the people who go away complaining about the board are people who are abusing it or who refuse to accept the advice they're given.

You come to this board asking for free advice from people who would ordinarily be charging a great deal of money for their advice and who offer it as a service to you. There are a few simple rules involved (no double posting, etc).

You choose to violate the rules. One of the senior members simply states that you violated the rules. You weren't banned, nor were you censured, nor was your duplicate post deleted. You were simply told that you should only post once.

Instead of accepting that, you went on the attack.

If you don't like the rules that go with getting free advice, then go pay for your legal advice somewhere and stop whining.

cyjeff

Or, you could be the self important drama queen that expects the rest of the world to dance to your tune simply because you can't be bothered to read the rules.

You say tomato, I say tomato....

LdiJ

Or, you could be the self important drama queen that expects the rest of the world to dance to your tune simply because you can't be bothered to read the rules.

You say tomato, I say tomato....
Or she could be a newbie who expects that when they post on an internet message forum that they will be treated with a modicum of civility....which, sorry to say, is often, even perhaps mostly, sadly lacking here.

Yes, she started duplicate threads. Newbies do that sometimes. However, if BOTH thread are identified as duplicate threads, with virtually no one answering questions on either thread, and both threads being given flippant and rude responses, then any newbie with any backbone is going to react the way that she reacted....or will simply leave, and tell anyone else she knows not to bother with this forum.

This particular poster deserved better than she received from this forum.

What's more, and I mean this with UTTER sincerity...anyone who deletes a post from someone criticizing this forum, is a BIG BABY. If this forum can dish out criticism it should certainly take it as well.

cyjeff

Or she could be a newbie who expects that when they post on an internet message forum that they will be treated with a modicum of civility....which, sorry to say, is often, even perhaps mostly, sadly lacking here.

Yes, she started duplicate threads. Newbies do that sometimes. However, if BOTH thread are identified as duplicate threads, with virtually no one answering questions on either thread, and both threads being given flippant and rude responses, then any newbie with any backbone is going to react the way that she reacted....or will simply leave, and tell anyone else she knows not to bother with this forum.

This particular poster deserved better than she received from this forum.

What's more, and I mean this with UTTER sincerity...anyone who deletes a post from someone criticizing this forum, is a BIG BABY. If this forum can dish out criticism it should certainly take it as well.
I recommend you read what she wrote.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">