• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal options for affair in PA leading to high risk pregnancy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bloominorchid

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
PA

My husband has been having an affair for over a year now, durring that time I was pregnant, the stress of that affair resulted in my pregnacy becoming a high risk pregnacy, 5 hospital stays, and medication. He still hasn't filed for a divorce but did move out in Jan. Leaving me ( a stay at home mom of 10 years) and our 3 kids.
What if any grounds do I have to file a suit against my husband, the other woman, and thier place of employment?

Isis1

PA

My husband has been having an affair for over a year now, durring that time I was pregnant, the stress of that affair resulted in my pregnacy becoming a high risk pregnacy, 5 hospital stays, and medication. He still hasn't filed for a divorce but did move out in Jan. Leaving me ( a stay at home mom of 10 years) and our 3 kids.
What if any grounds do I have to file a suit against my husband, the other woman, and thier place of employment?
you file for divorce from your husband, file for alimony and child support if you retain custody.

their place of employment is not liable unless it was a job decription to sleep with co-workers. and even then, i don't think it's liable.

mistoffolees

PA

As you were told, file for divorce, alimony, custody, and child support.

You're not going to be able to sue the employer under any scenario. You're not going to be able to sue the other woman under any scenario, either, since PA doesn't have alienation of affection laws. https://forum.freeadvice.com/divorce-separation-annulment-36/alienation-affections-30968.html

Just as important, how in the world do you expect to prove that the affair caused your problems?

Get your divorce and put it behind you.

nextwife

Wow. I had a bed rest pregnancy. And my husband was not having an affair. As stated, there is NO WAY to establish that your pregnancy problems may have occurred indep4endent of his actions.

Employers are not responsible for two adults choosing to have an affair. It's not the employer's fault their employee didn't respect his marriage

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">