• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it to late to attempt to collect my money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Diana Smith

I signed a contract drawn up by an attorney in WV. My ex bougth my part of the property out, for 5,000, which was in 1987. He did pay at first, then quit paying me. I didnt think I could do anything, since I couldnt afford an attorney. I do have notarized papers on this legal matter, in which his attorney drew up and they were notarized.
I realize this is a long time ago, but he has come into 98,000 and still wont pay me.
Is it to late to do anything else.
Hoping to hear from you. I live in Florida now, and he lives in WV still. The contract was drawn up in WV.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Diana Smith said:
I signed a contract drawn up by an attorney in WV. My ex bougth my part of the property out, for 5,000, which was in 1987. He did pay at first, then quit paying me. I didnt think I could do anything, since I couldnt afford an attorney. I do have notarized papers on this legal matter, in which his attorney drew up and they were notarized.
I realize this is a long time ago, but he has come into 98,000 and still wont pay me.
Is it to late to do anything else.
Hoping to hear from you. I live in Florida now, and he lives in WV still. The contract was drawn up in WV.
My response:

You had 10 years from the date of his last payment in which to commence a lawsuit. If it's been more than 10 years since that last payment, then your ex probably knows it, and is thumbing his nose at you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">