• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce from abroad

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MikeMike01

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
we were married in Houston when living there several years ago. Now things have changed and i would like to know how to file for a divorce. The issue is we no longer live in the US. so is it possible?
i can not file in my home country (don't live there either), nor the country i live now
so how should i approach this?
thanks fro info..
Mike

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
we were married in Houston when living there several years ago. Now things have changed and i would like to know how to file for a divorce. The issue is we no longer live in the US. so is it possible?
i can not file in my home country (don't live there either), nor the country i live now
so how should i approach this?
thanks fro info..
Mike
Why can you not file in the country where you are currently living?

Are you still living with your wife?

In general, you're not going to be able to file in the US if you're not living there. You can only file where one of the spouses lives.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">