• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

use of mediation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

songstress

state: GA
I'm preparing to file suit in a personal injury matter.
I was contemplating making an attempt through a mediation process prior to filing. I think that route may best serve all involved, as this could be very messy, very long, and very costly. Is there any reason not to attempt this venue prior to filing? Or is it best to file, and let it go on from there? I am not sure, the 'defendant' in the matter would even be agreeable to it, however to me it seems a logical course of action to take. I know that if no agreement is reached that I can continue through the courts.
I am also not concerned with the fact that mediation may bring forth a lesser settlement etc.
Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

HomeGuru

Mediation is a good idea but rarely works on a PI claim. Also you must file a complaint in court to preserve your statutes of limitations. Have your PI attorney file first.

S

songstress

Thank you

Thanks for your thoughts HomeGuru :).
I am going to do that..file first.
Songstress

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">