• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

libel/medical discrimination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

H. Michelle Yelen

I'm a 33 year old married female with 3 children. I confided some personal information to a co-worker concerning a past episode of depression during general conversation. She went to my supervisor with alligations that she was afraid of me and that I was stalking her?I don't even know where she lives! I have never ever said ANYTHING that was even remotely threating to this girl. I was called into my supervisor's office and repremanded for being "out of line" and stepping over my "boundries". I read real to life murder mystery books and appearantly the cover of my book scared her. One day she asked me why I was being so quite, and I told her I ran out of my medication and I had a slight headache. I also mentioned one day that my husband had purchased a gun that he's wanted for a long time.This also scared her? She knows we have owned guns since I met her. We duck hunt. Her husband also hunts. She made issues over these innocent statements and ruined my relationship with my supervisor. My supervisor also made statements that were extremely offensive. I'm so hurt and embarresed. I feel like I've been discriminated against. I also feel that These people should be held accountable for the things that have been said about me and to me. I was forced to attend meetings in which this girl through accusations at me. Eventually she admitted that she had fabricated these things. I have letters of apology from her, yet she still claims she's afraid of me? My boss never asked me any questions. She just assumed that the things being said were true. I work for a major hospital in Michigan and being a medical facility, you'd think they would be more sensitive about medical issues. I'm so hurt. I feel that I can no longer work for this woman because she's biased. I had to disputed them keeping this girl in the same tiny office (3 feet away from me)with me. I told supervision that I adimently objected to this because it puts me at risk for further alligations. I've had to miss work because I was so distraught over this situation. I feel that my reputation has been distroyed. Can I do something about this? I have documented EVERTHING for my own protection.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">