• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it to late?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tanka.50

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? N.Y.

I worked Private sector(Town) since 1980, on small island where "DUMPS" were
manned by Highway Dept. and 95% of my work site & shop are located on "Old Military Base".
I have records of asbestos, ammonia, propane, PCB'S, etc. that were dump, which I had to handle and manage.

Prior to termination, I was having my lungs tested for shortness of breath. I was then terminated within 6months after first x-ray.

I did not fill out a work injury report, because I didn't know.

Is it to late for anything?

abys32

I work in the environmental field in FL as a contractor. Although I have no experience in NY, it is known to be quite strict in terms of environmental law and protection of public health. That being said, this does not sound as much like an environmental law issue, but rather an employment/labor law issue. It seems like maybe your employer anticipated a claim or law suit and then terminated you so you could not collect Workers comp or something. They may claim that you pursued a medical claim in anticipation of termination. Its worth seeking an attorney who specializes in labor law. I would think that it may not require a retainer, but rather a percentage based on money you win. It can't hurt to ask.

plumdragon

Was the xray, or any other medical care, given or paid for by the employer? These days OSHA requires employers keep medical records like that for 30 years *after* you retire.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">