• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

condo owner's rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mimi65

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NH

My condo association is about to vote to possibly keep the pool closed. the reason I bought this condo, at this location, was because it has a swimming pool. this might sound like a trivial thing but it is very important to a lot of us homeowners here!!

I was told by the head of the condo assoc. that "the pool man quit", that it needs a new filter (although I think the pool keeper told me a year or two ago that he replaced it because, as always, Memorial Weekend had passed and it still wasn't ready) That the Board will vote on whether to fix/open it or not at their next meeting. Of course, he didn't tell me when that was so I can't attend!!!

There are many, many more things not being done by our association. They have only been in charge about a year and seem worse than the previous managers!!

The value of my HOME is going down and no pool will only make it worse.

Do I start a petition? Can I put my condo fees (which just were increased!!) into an escrow account. They tow people who don't pay condo fees.

What can I do?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

BlondiePB

My condo association is about to vote to possibly keep the pool closed. the reason I bought this condo, at this location, was because it has a swimming pool. this might sound like a trivial thing but it is very important to a lot of us homeowners here!!

I was told by the head of the condo assoc. that "the pool man quit", that it needs a new filter (although I think the pool keeper told me a year or two ago that he replaced it because, as always, Memorial Weekend had passed and it still wasn't ready) That the Board will vote on whether to fix/open it or not at their next meeting. Of course, he didn't tell me when that was so I can't attend!!!

There are many, many more things not being done by our association. They have only been in charge about a year and seem worse than the previous managers!!

Do I start a petition? Can I put my condo fees (which just were increased!!) into an escrow account. They tow people who don't pay condo fees.

Read your bylaws and state statutes regarding common elements and run for the board.

libra58

Have You called Your Dept. of Community Affairs to see if they can assist Home/Condo owners with issues/problems ? The DCA capabilities may vary state to state, some only address Open Public Meeting Act complaints, but they may be able to assist in some capacity...

Delcondo

"Of course, he didn't tell me when that was so I can't attend!!!"
================================
Check your Bylaws as normally a Condo Assn. must make known to the owners the time & date of Condo Board meetings. Try to attend meetings and see if you can get some other owners interested in what's going on with the current board. Best
chance for change is to have new people run for the board and vote out the current
board members, when their terms are up. Good Luck!

HomeGuru

**A: send the Board President a certified rrr letter citing sections of violation of the By-Laws, Declaration etc. and demand compliance within 60 days.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">