• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condo repairs/hoa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gracie9888

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALIFORNIA

(CONDO) We have had major issues with roof leaking. Now asbestos.The HOA says they will not fix the interiors until they decide what to do with units that have asbestos. They ignored requests for mold testing (even though my particular unit had last year) and was now told the other day even if they found mold they still won't do anything until they figure out the asbestos issue.
Lawyers don't seem to want to get involved.

Also on insurances the roofs are excluded from coverage of any damage which apparently includes belongings since it was damges from the roof problem...my HOA says they won't replace belongings either? So who does?

Thank youWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALIFORNIA

(CONDO) We have had major issues with roof leaking. Now asbestos.The HOA says they will not fix the interiors until they decide what to do with units that have asbestos. They ignored requests for mold testing (even though my particular unit had last year) and was now told the other day even if they found mold they still won't do anything until they figure out the asbestos issue.
Lawyers don't seem to want to get involved.

Also on insurances the roofs are excluded from coverage of any damage which apparently includes belongings since it was damges from the roof problem...my HOA says they won't replace belongings either? So who does?

Thank youWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

**A: file a claim with your own insurance company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">