• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who can be a deposition officer?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kyndrad777

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I have read that a copy service can serve as a deposition officer for consumer and employee subpoenas in family law.

Can I use a close friend as a deposition officer to receive documents for a subpoena for the other party's income verification, etc., since she runs a copy service? Or does it have to be someone who would be impartial?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I have read that a copy service can serve as a deposition officer for consumer and employee subpoenas in family law.

Can I use a close friend as a deposition officer to receive documents for a subpoena for the other party's income verification, etc., since she runs a copy service? Or does it have to be someone who would be impartial?
That sounds a bit odd....there is a CA poster here that works in the CA courts and I hope that she comes along and responds.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">