• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Certificate of no appeal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sebastian 1504

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA, King County

Hi,

I am German and in a few months I am going to marry my girlfriend. She is just now in the divorce process. The Divorce will be final in 2 months.

We are planning to marry in Germany. At the german registers office I was told, in order to get a marriage licence we have to provide them with the following documents:

- divorce decree including apostille

- evidence that the divorce is incontestable

For evidence that the divorce is incontestable I was told I can provide them with a "Certificate of no appel".

Neither me nor my girlfriend have ever heard about this kind of document. Do you know from where we can get the "Certificate of no appel"? Or is the certificate already included in the divorce decree?

And how long does it take to obtain this certificate?
Is there maybe a time period for appeal and we can first obtain the certificate after the time period has lapsed?

Please help us with informations. Thank you,
Seb

Golfball

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA, King County

Hi,

I am German and in a few months I am going to marry my girlfriend. She is just now in the divorce process. The Divorce will be final in 2 months.

We are planning to marry in Germany. At the german registers office I was told, in order to get a marriage licence we have to provide them with the following documents:

- divorce decree including apostille

- evidence that the divorce is incontestable

For evidence that the divorce is incontestable I was told I can provide them with a "Certificate of no appel".

Neither me nor my girlfriend have ever heard about this kind of document. Do you know from where we can get the "Certificate of no appel"? Or is the certificate already included in the divorce decree?

And how long does it take to obtain this certificate?
Is there maybe a time period for appeal and we can first obtain the certificate after the time period has lapsed?

Please help us with informations. Thank you,
Seb
Your question is under German law, not US Law. (If you were getting hitched in Washington, then it would be US Law).

LdiJ

Your question is under German law, not US Law. (If you were getting hitched in Washington, then it would be US Law).
He is asking a valid US law question. I don't know the answer, but its a valid question. The divorce is in the US and paperwork is need from the divorce in order for them to marry in Germany.

OP, I don't know the answer to your question. However, in the US a Final Decree of Divorce is normally what is issued.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">