• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

formal termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kinzelercm

I was terminated from a major insurance carrier (OH office, Corporate situs IL) on February 22, 2001. I was employed by this company for all but one week shy of a year and this company was a competitor to the carrier I had worked for 7 years prior. During these 8 years I had built strong relationships within the industry. It was a lateral move as an Account Service Representative, including Sales.
I will be receiving the last of my severance on March 16, 2001. To date, I have not seen or signed any formal paperwork regarding my termination, etc.
During the exit interview, my manager told me the reason I was being terminated was because I was not a good fit for the company or what he needed. I was too much like him, belonged in Sales and was not a "processor". That was what he needed. When hired, and by title, my job was Account Service Representative, including Sales.
1. Am I entitled to copies of written documents filed with the Home Office giving the EXACT reason for termination - written and documented ?
2. Without knowing or seeing what EXACT documented reason for termination is, how can I find out if it states a "just cause" ?
3. Manager and I verbally agreed that the "word" passed to internal and external contacts was that I resigned. Co-worker passed to former employer (competitor) and onto external contacts that I was fired. Any recourse or suggestion due to fact it has damaged my credibility with long term business relationships? Thank you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">