• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful drug arrest in illinois--task force tramples rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

collegekid

I was arrested my junior year of college for unlawful delivery of a controlled substance (LSD). I was charged with a class 2 felony (illinois law) and thrown in jail. My parents bailed me out (1500 dollars) and then hired legal representation. After a year and half--and over $12,000 in fees, etc... the charges were eventually dismissed (after i passed a polygrapsh examination). I am totally pissed, ashamed and humilated, and my parents are struggling to pay off the loan they had to get to pay my high legal fee's. Is there any legal method i can use to either sue--or some other form of dispute resolution to get some credibililty and money back from the idiotic drug task force morons who caused this whole mess? I can prove they lied in the grand jury proceedings to get the warrant for my arrest! And i have receipts of legal fees,bills, polygraph fee's, etc...and newspaper headlines describing my arrest (it was even on the goddam radio-ughh!!! ) Like i said, charges were dismissed completely. Please help me-i dont know what to do and i feel bad for my parents.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">