• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Married in Curacau

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

palmsprings

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I am from California. I met and married someone who lives in Oregon. We were married in Curacao. Since the wedding 4 years ago my spouse has continued to live in Oregon. We never did taxes together, have no custody issues, no joint accounts, no property issues. We don't live or act like married people.

According to the state of California are we legally married? If I wanted to marry someone else do I still need to petition for a divorce?

Thanks

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I am from California. I met and married someone who lives in Oregon. We were married in Curacao. Since the wedding 4 years ago my spouse has continued to live in Oregon. We never did taxes together, have no custody issues, no joint accounts, no property issues. We don't live or act like married people.

According to the state of California are we legally married? If I wanted to marry someone else do I still need to petition for a divorce?

Thanks
Yes. You are legally married. You need to get a divorce before you marry someone else.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">