• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condominium Problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Barbsmiles

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Uniontown,Ohio
I have had an ongoing water problem with my condo for 10 years. It is situated entirely above the 4 garages. When I bought the condo, the vinyl siding was replaced with T111 which sat out, uncovered, for 5 months. No moisture barrier was put up before the T111 was installed. The work was done by local handymen. The water damage started within a year. All of the framing and headers were destroyed by termites and carpenter ants. That was repaired 3 years ago. The T111 continues to warp and separate as did the water damage inside the condo. I repeatedly requested a solution to this problem, which was ignored by the association board and various management companies.
Within the last year 5 different contrtacters have come and went, two of which said it was the T111, but only fixed the inside damage to the walls under the windows per instruction of the management company and association board. In April of this year I was told the carpet would be replaced. Spring thaw and rains brought back the water inside.
The person hired to rip off the T111 and underlay is not a contractor, so no permits have been gotten for the work, even though it has been ordered by the building inspector of the county. I was told by the association board president that none is necessary and besides, "all building inspectors are on the take". I now have holes and gaps, some covered with Tybex moisture barrier. I cannot afford an attorney, and have kept in touch with the local Zoning commission.
Any advice would be helpful.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">