• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moved from home wan't Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kb32609

Moved from home want Divorce

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
I moved from the house I lived in a few months ago. I want a divorce but have not asked for it yet. We have children and currently they split time at both residences. How long does it take in florida to get a divorce and what is it like to go through a mediator or an attorney? I do not have a lot of money and would just like to keep the arrangement with my kids intact. She has more assets than I do and a more stable income.

Last edited:

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
I moved from the house I lived in a few months ago. I want a divorce but have not asked for it yet. We have children and currently they split time at both residences. How long does it take in florida to get a divorce and what is it like to go through a mediator or an attorney? I do not have a lot of money and would just like to keep the arrangement with my kids intact. She has more assets than I do and a more stable income.
There's really no way to guess how long a divorce will take. It depends on many factors, including whether or not the issues are contested, and what county you file in. In larger counties any litigation will take longer simply because the court dockets are much fuller.

If you and soon to be ex can agree on all issues, you can file pro-se, but you should get a consult with an attorney before filing anyway.

You can find the forms and other info at: Florida State Courts

The laws in chapter 61 at: Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : flsenate.gov

The Rules of Civil Procedure at: FLORIDA RULES OF CIVIL PROCEDURE

The FLorida Family Law Rules at: Florida Family Law Rules

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">