• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

h4 visa Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aIndianFather

Hi,

I am an Indian h1b visa holder married 2 years ago and we had a 1 year old kid. My wife behavior is typical. which are
1. When we are good she seems to love me very very much. (but this occurs once in 3 months )
2. When we quarrel she hates me a lot and asks me to file a divorce to her or threatens to go back to India or threatens my entire family.
3.She is not confident of her self and her skills
if anything is faulty from her side, she tries to blame it on me by quarreling a lot or nagging on petty issues
4.She tries to think very very negative of even which we don't know until she tells.
5. She is very proud and arrogant .

her parents are not good. I had sent my wife and kid once to India, but her parents threatened not to send my wife and kids, some how I managed to her them back to USA.

She threatened to suicide twice on from of her mother in USA. Telling all false stories to her mother. Behaves madly. Sometimes when I ask her to open the window, she says thief will come from windows (we are in 4th floor, how come thief can come. )
she abused me physically once when I tried to hold her face

I tried a lot for the past two years, but she was same, nags a lot, scolds everyone in my family. I am tortured mentally daily.

Right now I am an Unpaid Guest in my own house.

What are my chances if I file divorce and to win Child custody in USA
and how can I get back my kid if my wife goes back to India without telling me

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Where was the child born? If in the US you would be able to file here but what happens will depend on the state.
You have NO RIGHT to touch another person (even your wife) if that person does not want to be touched. You say she abused you when you held her face -- you holding her face could be construed as battery if she did not want you to hold her. You need a consult with an attorney.

howpau

divorce and H4

July 2007 my wife and her family pressured me to marry her because I got her pregnant. Despite my protests, they convinced me that, like me, everyone entering a marriage has concerns but together we could work through them. She was on H1 visa but lost her job shortly after our daughter was born Sep 2008 (in NJ). She went on H4 visa and has been living with me since (now in MA). She is attending Law school part-time (paid for by me plus a joint student loan from our credit union). She continues to refuse my suggestions to go Full-time and on F1 visa so that she can take a light on-campus job and help with some of the expenses. We send our daughter to daycare full-day Mon-Fri. I have a 6yo son from a previous relationship, living outside the US, which I voluntarily wire money to regularly. I want to end this unhappy charade/ marriage but want to protect my son's support, and as much of my savings from this selfish, manipulative woman. She and her family has used fear to manipulate me and now I am seeking some general information to start liberating me from my paralysis. Specifically on issues such as alimony, custody and child support. Also, if you care to comment: what would happen to her (visa status & schooling) once we got divorced.

mistoffolees

Where was the child born? If in the US you would be able to file here but what happens will depend on the state.
You have NO RIGHT to touch another person (even your wife) if that person does not want to be touched. You say she abused you when you held her face -- you holding her face could be construed as battery if she did not want you to hold her. You need a consult with an attorney.
I would suggest an attorney who is also familiar with immigration issues - or who has a partner who is.

OP may end up supporting his wife indefinitely even if he divorces her - if he signed the document saying he'd support her.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I would suggest an attorney who is also familiar with immigration issues - or who has a partner who is.

OP may end up supporting his wife indefinitely even if he divorces her - if he signed the document saying he'd support her.
Psst.. look at the date of the post you are responding to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">