• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question about default divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bellwoods

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN
July 1st will mark 90 days since my lawyer and I have had any contact with my soon to be ex. I'm hoping to obtain a default divorce since she will not sign the papers or even acknowledge me period. My question is once she is served default papers what will happen next? If she starts to protest will this nightmare be prolonged?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN
July 1st will mark 90 days since my lawyer and I have had any contact with my soon to be ex. I'm hoping to obtain a default divorce since she will not sign the papers or even acknowledge me period. My question is once she is served default papers what will happen next? If she starts to protest will this nightmare be prolonged?
She has every right to challenge the default divorce. If she chooses to fight it (or any of the terms in the default), it will take time and money.

That's the way the process works.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">