• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wife will not sign divorce papers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sweetyt

Alabama (only U.S. law)?

I have been trying to get a divorce for 3 yrs, have sent my wife copies of divorce papers, that we had drawn up by a notery. She refuses to sign them. She keeps saying she will but doesn't. What are my options for getting a divorce, we have both moved on with our lives and I want this final and behind me?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama (only U.S. law)?

LdiJ

Alabama (only U.S. law)?

I have been trying to get a divorce for 3 yrs, have sent my wife copies of divorce papers, that we had drawn up by a notery. She refuses to sign them. She keeps saying she will but doesn't. What are my options for getting a divorce, we have both moved on with our lives and I want this final and behind me?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama (only U.S. law)?
If she won't sign, then you probably need to hire an attorney and pursue a contested divorce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">