• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can i remove my wife from my house?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

asoneva

I live in Louisiana.

The problem is that she has already moved out and has her own residence, but I told her we could try her living back with me. Well, it has only been 2 days and it isnt working out, and she has only brought clothes and a few other items. Now she says she isnt leaving and thinks she doesnt legally have to leave because I said she could come back? What are my rights?

mistoffolees

I live in Louisiana.

The problem is that she has already moved out and has her own residence, but I told her we could try her living back with me. Well, it has only been 2 days and it isnt working out, and she has only brought clothes and a few other items. Now she says she isnt leaving and thinks she doesnt legally have to leave because I said she could come back? What are my rights?
This question only gets asked about 10 times a week.

You can't force her to leave. It's the marital residence. Even if you hadn't invited her back, she could have moved in without your permission.

The way to get her out is to file for divorce and ask for temporary possession of the home. Or, of course, you're free to move out if you wish.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">