• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Owner's right to info from condo board

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Msjes

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA. An auto hit and destroyed part of a brick wall (common element) enclosing the patio to my condo townhouse. I'm concerned that the condo board will accept the lowest repair bid even tho the car owner's insurance will cover repairs. The lowest bidder likely will be from a co. that does work in our development but the of marginal quality. The job requires considerable skill. The quality of repairs can affect the value of my house but not the community in general. Thus, even tho the wall is a comon element, do I have a right to see repair bids obtained by the Bd and to suggest that the bid from the marginal company not be submitted to the ins. co even if it's the lowest bid? Thanks.

You Are Guilty

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA. An auto hit and destroyed part of a brick wall (common element) enclosing the patio to my condo townhouse. I'm concerned that the condo board will accept the lowest repair bid even tho the car owner's insurance will cover repairs. The lowest bidder likely will be from a co. that does work in our development but the of marginal quality. The job requires considerable skill. The quality of repairs can affect the value of my house but not the community in general. Thus, even tho the wall is a comon element, do I have a right to see repair bids obtained by the Bd and to suggest that the bid from the marginal company not be submitted to the ins. co even if it's the lowest bid? Thanks.
To see bids? Perhaps. It depends on the language used in your condo's governing documents.

To suggest who to use? Absolutely. You can offer all the requests/suggestions/advice you like.

HomeGuru

Yes I agree and add that if the work is paid for by the HOA, the HOA controls and does not have to follow demands from a single unit owner.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">